The Supplies Practitioners Management Act No.17 of 2007 and the Regulations of 2015 governs professionals in the practice of procurement and supplies management in Kenya. The Act provides for training, registration, discipline and licensing of procurement and supply chain management professionals, and regulates their practice. This workshop is designed to equip practitioners with knowledge on the provisions of the Act and regulations and specifically the registration and licensing of members, disciplinary procedures, offenses and sanctions for noncompliance and examinations registration and administration.
By the end of the workshop participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the SPMA, 2007;
- Appreciate the requirements and procedure for registration of members;
- Appreciate the requirements and procedure for licensing of practitioners;
- Highlight what constitutes professional misconduct, the offenses and implications/sanctions;
- Describe the reasons and procedure for removal, suspension or revocation of practicing license
Procurement and Supply Chain Management Practitioners in all sectors.